Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Spontaneity, Creativity and Courage

Today my guides reminded me that I did not post anything on my blog yesterday. I decided to ask them for a topic. As usual, they responded instantaneously and said, "Davida, why don't you pick three angel cards and channel a message." I looked into my little black box, which has a hand-painted angel on it, opened it, and there were two cards staring at me--Creativity and Courage.

My Tarot students and friends know that I always want more information than may be contained in one card. With Tarot, I like to have at least five or six cards. My philosophy is "the more, the merrier." I reached in blindly and pulled one more card. The angels presented me with the word Spontaneity.

Many of us are at a point in our lives where we need to take a good look at how we live on a day-to-day basis. I tend to be practical as well as intuitive, so while I am blessed with the ability to provide insight for others, these cards also contain a personal message for me, too. Spontaneity reminds me of the improv classes I took at Players Workshop and Second City. One of my teachers, the late, great, Martin de Maat had a Zen-like attitude toward improvisational acting. He taught us, reminded us, and held our hands while we learned and played. Being present is one of the tidbits I walked away from his class. It helped me in my life and the work I do immeasurably. If we live in the moment and not in our heads, our actions will be organic. If we focus on others or the task at hand, the right words will come and our actions will be honest. Everything will happen spontaneously. Martin was a gift to his students and he shared his gifts from a very loving place.

Creativity? I love to tell people that being creative is not about art, music, drama, writing, etc. It is about imagination. It is about going beyond the limits of practicality. Better yet, it is about being open in order to let your mind take you where you need to go. Could this be what a form of meditation? I think so. With spontaneity and creativity, magic can happen.

Courage? At this point in time we all need to be courageous. It is about finding our center and connecting to it deeply. Bert Lahr portrayed the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz" magnificently. I will always remember how he found the strength and courage when it was needed. He found courage within himself. We need to do that too. I believe being courageous means following through and not being discouraged before we attain what it is we set out to accomplish.

By putting these cards together, today's message tells me that spontaneity is the key to allowing creativity to blossom into something wonderful. It is not about censoring your ideas. It is about letting them come through you spontaneously, and finding the courage to let that spark glow and burn brightly. Today's gift from the angels is profound. Live spontaneously and creatively with the courage to make your life what you want it to be. If you can do that, opportunities will present themselves and all you need to do is be present, get out of your head and make magic happen. Did the angels give you a message with these words too?

No comments:

Post a Comment